Sonia Gandhi is a name which needs no recognition. She is the longest serving President of Indian National Congress political party since the year 1998. As all know, she is the widow of Rajiv Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of Independent India who belongs to Nehru & Gandhi family.
Sonia Gandhi was born as Edvige Antonia Albina Maino on 9th December 1946 to Stefano and Paola Maino. She was born in Contrada Maini at Lusiana, a small village near to Vicenza in Italy. Sonia Gandhi spent her adolescence in Orbassano town near to Turin. As she belongs to Roman-Catholic family, so his initial education is from Catholic schools only. According to the sources, her father Stefano Maino fought in eastern front in World War II against Soviet Military along with Hitler’s Wehrmacht. By profession Stefano runs a small construction business in Orbassano and after Stefano passed away in 1983, Paolo Maino take care of her three daughters.
Sonia Gandhi now lives in New Delhi with her two children Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi. Everyone knows much about Sonia Gandhi, but here are some of the lesser known and interesting facts about the Gandhi which you may not heard about.
Lesser Known Facts – Sonia Gandhi
- Sonia Gandhi has a diverse taste of books and she loves to read Munshi Premchand’s novels out of which “Godaan” is her favorite one.
- Just after the one month of Sonia’s marriage with Rajiv, her mother was moving back to Italy. To normalize the things and let Sonia to adjust in the family, her mother-in-law Sonia Gandhi wrote a letter to Sonia Gandhi which stated that “Hi Sonia, this is just to tell you that we all love you.” This small note won Sonia’s heart.
- Sonia Gandhi is also a multilingual like our old prime minister P V Narsimha Rao. She can speak up to 9 languages and even German and French too.
- Sonia Gandhi is very fond of cleanliness and always want her home to be neat and clean. In fact, sometimes herself do cleaning of his own room.
- Gandhi family has a ritual of wearing a pink saree woven by Indira Gandhi which Sonia Gandhi wear in her marriage and after that Priyanka Gandhi wear it in her marriage.
- Like all the Indian rituals, Sonia was not supposed to meet or stay at Rajiv’s house. Then guess where she stayed at that time, at Willington Crescent, Delhi. As some may not know, Willington Crescent is the property of Bachchan family as Amitabh’s mother Teji Bachchan and Indira Gandhi are close friends.
- Sonia marriage was just after two weeks of her India’s visit. Stefano Maino is not available at the time of her oldest daughter’s marriage, but Paola, sister and a maternal uncle were present in the marriage.
- Sonia Gandhi lived at 10 Janpath in New Delhi with her family. If you are seeking any type of support in which the party can help, contact the officials at Sonia Gandhi Personal Mobile Number.
- All the achievement, policies and details about the family’s political career and INC is available on their official website i.e. inc.in. For more details about this, contact the staff members at Sonia Gandhi email id.